Thursday, January 19, 2012

Going to South Korea

Location: Burns, OR, USA
What's that? Why yes, I am going to South Korea.


So after much waiting around, I had a Skype interview with my dear friend Leandra and one of her teacher friends from a different hogwan, that is, after-school English school. They liked me and so I, once I do paperwork and wait more, will be teaching English at Keynes English School in Gimhae (I think it's Gimhae), South Korea. My intended leave date is currently sometime in March. I've very excited!

This is my attempt at letting people know what's going on while I'm gone (or getting ready to go). When I get there I'm going to be (hopefully) doing some videos and showing what life's like in South Korea. I'll be taking ideas from Simon and Martina at Eat Your Kimchi (with proper credit of course). So far I've got a long packing list (with only one suitcase to speak as of now) and a long wait for paperwork to come back before being sent off again. Posts will be spread out until I get closer to leaving, but I'll post things I learn or want to share.

P.S. If you want to laugh, even if you're not interested in Korean culture, check out Simon and Martina. They're awesome and hilarious and they've got a Spudgy!

No comments:

Post a Comment